Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Knitting at work

There have been lots of meetings and classes lately, so I've managed to finish a sock in about a day.




I don't really feel bad for knitting at work, since it is actually keeping me paying attention in class when otherwise my thoughts would stray (as they do for many of my coworkers), but I think it might have been a tiny bit distracting for the presenter yesterday. Whenever she would pause or search for a word, she would stare at my sock. I couldn't figure out whether I was the cause or the symptom of her distraction.


In other news, I've been listening to so many knitting podcasts. I keep thinking that eventually I'll catch up and NPR will get its chance again, but then I find another one. And of course I'll have to listen to all of those as well. My current favs: Cast On, Lime & Violet, and Sticks and String. They can all also be found on iTunes, which is where I found them.


The only thing I have against them is that they all play from the podsafe network. Of course I think it's a wonderful thing that there is such a thing and that they use it, but they all have similar tastes, very dissimilar to my own. I think if I hear Skullcrusher Mountain (look towards the bottom) again I will scream. I think at least three of my podcasts have played it.


Anywho, on to the second sock!

No comments: