Thursday, May 1, 2008

Take your knitting to work day

Work has been weird this week.


FloodAreaGuard.JPG


On Sunday night, one of the urinals on my floor overflowed, then continued to run water until half the third floor was flooded. Then it continued to flood the second and first floor as well. It's been pretty wet. We've gotten some hard-core equipment in to deal with the problem.


TopOfMainStaircase.JPG


Those red things stacked to the left are all of the fans that were in the offices and hallways. There were also dehumidifiers everywhere. My office was apparently hard hit, because it was one of the last to get the "dry" signoff, and it got its own fan and dehumidifiers. I wish I'd gotten a picture of that. They did have to tear out the baseboards in much of the offices. The following picture is typical:


OneOfTheOffices.JPG


We hope to have our offices back by next Friday.


Fortunately, I work in a place which can take such things in stride.


I can't tell whether this makes legal seem more or less scary.
Please wear hazmat sandals.
Just so you know, eating brains does not, apparently, make you any smarter.  In case you were wondering.


So I decided to go to work and take a bunch of pictures of sock.


LeihasSocks.JPG
BlueSocks.JPG
OrionsSocks.JPG
CourtneysSocks.JPG


Now you have a glut of socks. Stop complainin.

No comments: